I loved Spiderman and you will too.
Thinking of checking out the latest Spiderman movie? Well, stop thinking and just check it out already! That’s what I did over the weekend and just in case you’re still not convinced to do the same, here’s why you should:-
- You have an awesome Spiderman in Tom Holland who did a great job portraying a geeky New York kid, and I don’t even care that he’s British. Give that casting director a raise!
- Tony Stark was the perfect mentor/father figure for Peter Parker as he continues on the journey to being a superhero. Besides, it’s Robert Downey Junior! His Ironman has to be the only character who is more beloved the more of a jerk he is. Tony Stark stole every scene he was in and this movie should really be called ‘The Adventures of Spiderman and Ironman’.
- They didn’t kill off Uncle Ben again, and thank you, God, for that! I don’t know if I could have endured another death scene and the whole “with great power comes great responsibility” talk.
- Spiderman Homecoming had a much cozier feel, you really did believe that this version WAS your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman, most of the other Marvel movies take place all over the world, sometimes in other planets, so it was nice to have the contrast of some boundaries for this one.
- I loved Michael Keaton as The Vulture and we also got a peek at some other Spidey villains including the Shocker and the Tinkerer (true believers know who I’m talking about, the rest of you will have to google that). You didn’t hate The Vulture. In fact, you understood him and he wasn’t your basic one-note villain that Marvel movies tend to spit out (eg: Ultron, Malekith, the Chitauri, Ronan the Accuser, Red Skull, Whiplash, Yellowjacket, Dormammu… need I go on?)
- We also got a few scenes in with Zendaya, a musician doing the whole crossover into movies thing. I would have liked to see a few more scenes with her character, but the contrast of how she is compared to everyone else was something I enjoyed. A few of my friends didn’t like her character that much but I enjoyed it. Call me a weirdo.
Make sure you stick around for the 2 end credit scenes – Yes, 2 end credit scenes! They’re very important and you wouldn’t want your lack of patience to cost you. Besides, if I suffered, then so shall you!