How do you keep up with the changing trend in Diet? Here’s how
One study says that eggs are good for you, another completely debunks the theory. Here are facts behind 5 new nutritional myths.
Are Kale chips the new good-for-you snacks?
Before you go hunting for packet of this at the Super Market, see this: A 2014 study at William Paterson University ranked fruits and vegetables by their nutrient density and Kale didn’t even make the top 10. Although its packed with antioxidants and other nutrients, you won’t suffer a health hazard if you don’t consume it.
The omega-3 family is credited with innumerable health benefits such as promoting brain development in infants, improving heart health in adulthood and more. Aside of EPA and DHA the two important omega-3 fatty acid, ALA, a third omega-3 fatty acid plays a vital role without which you’ll have scaly skin and problems with hair growth and wound healing. They can be found in walnuts, flaxseed, canola oil, soybeans.
Do you think multi-grain bread is a better option than the alternate? Brown bread, like it or not, is the biggest hoax! Ingredients from coffee to edible color are packed in to give the bread the healthy shade you desire. The sugar content in the bread are the same as white and so is the maida. Do yourself a favor and look for the words “100 per cent whole wheat”. You can thank me later.
Have only egg whites. ditch the yolk. Heard this before? Large studies suggest that this theory is all wrong. It turns out that about 25 per cent of the cholesterol in your blood comes from food. The other 75 per cent is manufactured by the liver, which produces lots of cholesterol when you consume forms of saturated fat -something eggs are low in. Eggs are filled with useful nutrients that may offset any damage done by their cholesterol content, including unsaturated fat. So, next time you have scrambled eggs for breakfast don’t feel guilty.
Adequate calories, a decent intake of protein and a good strength training programm is necessary to build muscles. Protein intake beyond your needs will either be stored as fat or burnt for energy. The timing of your protein is important. After resistance training, consuming a rich source of protein such as cheese, along with some carbohydrate. To build muscle, you need to eat a healthy diet, which includes a normal amount of protein, and train regularly.
Remember, excess of anything is bad for you. Except music 🙂