Echoes of Earth stands unique among music festival in India.
Scheduled for the the 26th and 27th of this month at Embassy International Riding school, Echoes of Earth is a music festival with a heart. Spread over 150 acres, this festival features over 40 artists at three separate stages and you could camp there too!
But what so special that sets it apart? India’s first ecologically crafted music festival, Echoes of Earth is a celebration of music and Earth. A festival that highlights the need for sustainable living. Amidst the festival fervor all these activities will ensure we do our bit for the environment :
- Everyone who attends the festival will be given a sapling to be planted in the festival grounds.
- All the festival attendees are requested to bring their own water bottles and in an effort to minimize the use of plastic bottles at the festival there will be accessible R.O. water refilling stations set up across the festival grounds.
- Doing away with plastic cutlery, all food items at the festival will be served in cutlery made of sugar cane fiber. This will then be sent for composting along with all the other food waste.
- There is going to be a composting workshop and an on-site pit as well to compost the wet waste at the festival. Part of this composted,biodegradable waste will be used as a natural fertilizer for the saplings planted at the site by the festival goers.
- Learn how to live chemical-free lives and kick-start sustainable living with workshops that cover varied topics of urban farming, composting, healing herbs and ancient wisdom.
- Documentaries related to global warming, climate change and forgotten arts will be screened at the festival and cater to a mixed audience.
For the self professed musical instruments lover this one is a must do at the festival : The Museum of Lost Indian Instruments. An attempt to revive the lost glory of traditional Indian instruments by exhibiting assorted and restored stringed, wind, and percussive instruments that have come to be forgotten over the years. One can hear the sound of these instruments in a live performance for a wholesome experience. The collective is being organised under the kind guidance of Prof. Omprakash Bharti, Director EZCC, Kolkata Ministry of Culture.
Who’s playing you ask? Well here is a complete list :
Some of our favorites include Talvin Singh, The Skavengers and Kohra. London based producer,composer and tabla player, known for creating an innovative fusion of classical music and drum and bass, Talvin Singh doesn’t perform here too often so that’s definitely something to look forward to. Take a listen to his sound :
The Begum X has quite a fan following and we cant get enough! The Ska Vengers is a new Delhi based band who blend ‘ska’ rhythms with elements of dub, punk, jazz and rap to come up with a form of music that is refreshing
Madhav Shorey aka Kohra creates ethereal dance music experiences, here is a video from his most recent act at the Electronic Daisy Carnival at Delhi :
We love it because :
- You can bring along your pet
- You can come along with the entire fam jam
- Camp under the stars!
Renowned chefs from Bangalore have come together to create a bespoke menu with an earth to earth focus. They are making sure they convey that healthy food can also be tasty. Gear up your taste buds for a roller-coaster experience
Book tickets here.